About Palisades Tahoe
Palisades Tahoe is the largest ski resort in the Lake Tahoe region, boasting 6,000 skiable acres across eight peaks. The more than 70-year-old resort celebrates a rich history as the host of the 1960 Winter Olympics, the Spring Skiing Capital, and home mountain to dozens of Olympic and World Cup athletes across multiple snow sports. With an average annual snowfall of 400 inches, Palisades Tahoe frequently operates the longest ski and snowboard season in Lake Tahoe. The European-inspired Village at Palisades Tahoe offers year-round events and over 50 bars, restaurants, and boutiques, many of which are locally owned and operated. Palisades Tahoe is on the Ikon Pass, which offers access to 47 international ski destinations. In 2021 the resort changed its name, trading in a harmful slur for a name that better reflects its values and legacy. Visit the Palisades Tahoe website or call 1.800.403.0206 to learn more. You can also visit us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Vimeo .
A Great Job and Benefits to Match:
- Free skiing + riding privileges to 14 iconic resorts including Palisades Tahoe, Mammoth Mountain, Steamboat, Solitude and more!
- 401(k) plan with generous company match
- Free lift tickets, plus 50% off lift tickets
- 25%-50% discount at Food & Beverage locations at Squaw and Alpine
- 30% discount at Palisades Tahoe operated retail stores, including The North Face, Oakley and more
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Applicants must be 18 years of age.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Provide customers with top quality customer service in a friendly and positive manner.
- Effectively assist food and beverage service, guest attention, and overall logistics of banquet events by way of set-up, clear communication and teamwork, while maintaining the company's standard for excellence, resulting in the overall success of banquet events.
- Assist with set-up of tables, linens, chairs, etc. for full service of banquet events.
- Must refresh rooms on time, have water in rooms, clean rooms and set for appropriate functions.
- Maintain knowledge of policies and procedures.
- Maintain sense of urgency, organization and neatness when on the service floor.
- Follow specific diagram layouts for tables and chairs and be prepared to move them from outlet to outlet
- Relocate tables, chairs and conference equipment throughout resort daily as well as keep an accurate inventory of all equipment
- Daily duties will include rolling tables, and moving chairs, as well as setting tables with linens and cleaning facilities
- Maintain back of the house, front of the house and side work duties for overall productivity of banquet events.
- Responsible for timely and safe breakdown of meeting rooms after event completion.
- Maintain clear and open communication between all staff members for overall event success.
- Follow Health and Safety practices at all times.
- Complete all other duties as assigned.
Competencies and Job Requirements:
- Effective communication skills, oral & written
- Strong sense of customer service & safety awareness
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Have a neat & clean appearance in compliance with the company grooming standards
- Punctual, able to report at scheduled start time
- Able to work with minimum supervisor and stay on task
- Must be able to positively engage and interact with customers.
- Ability to remain patient, calm and composed in all situations.
- Must work well as part of a team.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of walking or standing 100% or more of a normal 8 hour work shift. Must be capable of frequently carrying, lifting, pushing or pulling up to 75lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
Indoor/Outdoor: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Hazardous Materials/Noise: The noise level in the work place is usually loud.
Equipment Used in Job: Varies
- 1 year(s): Guest service related experience
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Web Reference : AJF/385560136-33
Posted Date : Wed, 06 Jul 2022
To apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of Palisades Tahoe. Please note California Job Apply Locations is not responsible for the application process on any external website.